Monday, January 6, 2014

Chapter Thirteen - I'll Never Be Sorry

Warning: This chapter contains subject matter and images that may be disturbing to some. Going to give this a +18 rating. Please continue at your own risk. 

This chapter is also combined with Bridge's from Listening to My Heart and her point of view goes into more detail of how she's feeling. You can follow the link below to read her story.

Listening to My Heart - Chapter Seventeen: Heartbreak


Soon it was time for Rosamund and I to move in with Bridge and Carson. We had made several trips to the house to decide on how to decorate our bedroom and the upstairs living area. One thing we hadn't done was decorate the baby's room we agreed to wait until we knew what we were having.  Until we moved, we stayed at Rosamund’s parents’ house since it was quieter and there was more room to spread out.

We were in the sitting room when the butler showed Mom and Dad in.

“Mr. and Mrs. Hobble.”

“Which one?” Rosamund’s dad joked. We all chuckled as Mom and Dad came into the room.

“So are you both ready to go?” Mom asked.

“Yup. We should be at ASU around 1:00. Bridge and Carson said they’d be there to greet us.”

“They left a couple of days ago. I think they wanted to make sure that there was enough food and stuff in the house. Are you sure you’re going to be okay living with Bridge, Jeff? You know how she can be a little over protective of you sometimes.” Dad warned.

“It will be fine. Besides, Carson and I have already discussed a code word that if he hears me say it, he’s going to divert her attention.” I explained.

Dad laughed. “He seems to be the only person who has the ability to do that. I wish they’d hurry up and get married.” He complained.

“Well, I guess you kids better get going. You will call us and Jefferson’s parents when you get there, won’t you? Robert questioned Rosamund.

“Yes, Daddy. We wouldn’t want you all to worry.”

We all walked out to the car and I held the door open for Rosamund. I climbed in and we waved at our parents as we drove off. I looked in my rearview mirror and saw both our mother’s crying and our dad’s comforting them.

The drive to ASU was pretty. It was a pretty isolated campus. There was the main campus, some hangout spots including a club, and off campus housing surrounding the campus.  Rosamund and I enjoyed the scenery and the quietness of the country.

 After several hours of driving, we arrived at the house we were sharing with Bridge and Carson. Before we could get out of the car Bridge was rushing out.  “You’re finally here!” She came over and gave me a hug. She then ran over to Rosamund and actually hugged her. Carson came out and shook my hand “We don’t have to hug.” He joked. He went over and gave Rosamund a hug.

I grabbed a couple of things and then we went inside. “The last of your furniture arrived yesterday. I wasn’t sure where you wanted it so when you figure it out, Carson can help you move it Jeff.”

“Thanks.”

“Well, what do you want to do first? We can hang out here or we can show you around campus.” Bridge suggested.

I looked at Rosamund and she looked tired. “Maybe we could have the tour tomorrow. I think Rosamund is a little tired.”

“That’s fine. Are you hungry? I can make us something or we can have pizza? There’s a great pizza place on campus that we can order from. . .”

“Hmm. . .might have to think about it, but right now I’m really thirsty.” And like magic, Carson was next to Bridge diverting her attention.

I chuckled as they walked to the kitchen. “I love my sister but she can be a little suffocating at times.”

“I take it the code for Carson is that you’re ‘really thirst?

“Yup.” I said with a smile. “Why don’t we go upstairs and you can rest for a little bit.” We walked up the stairs and saw the new furniture that had arrived. Rosamund pointed out where she thought it would look best and while she rested, Carson and I moved the furniture. After about thirty minutes Rosamund came downstairs and found us in the downstairs living area talking.

“Hey there. Rosamund, are you feeling okay? You still look like you don’t feel well.” I was starting to get really concerned. I was starting to wonder if the pregnancy was making her feel bad.

“I’m just really tired.”

“Maybe eating would help.” Bridge offered.

“Maybe. Did you all decide on anything while I was sleeping?”

“We had some ideas but since you’re the one that’s pregnant, you choose what sounds best to you.” Carson suggested.

“You mentioned pizza, that sounds fine to me.”

Soon Bridge was on the phone ordering pizza. Rosamund got up and I followed her. “Maybe you should sit down. You really look like you’re not feeling well.”

“I’ll be fine, Jefferson. Maybe I will go lie back down till the pizza gets here though.”

I walked her back to the bedroom and made sure she was comfortable on the bed. I walked downstairs and Bridge looked worried.
“Is she okay Jeff? Does she need to go to a doctor or the hospital or something?”

“I’m not sure.” I admitted. “Some women have hard pregnancies. Maybe she’s one of them.”

“But has she had problems before now?” Carson inquired.

“No, no she hasn’t.”

“I know you’re worried Jeff. We can both tell that. And if we know you are, then it must be bad. You’re Mr. Cool, remember.” Bridge stated.

“You’re right. I am concerned. I’m going to go talk to her. Maybe I can find out a little more about what’s going on and if she needs to go to the doctor or hospital.”

I walked up the stairs and into our bedroom but Rosamund wasn’t there. I noticed that the bathroom door was closed and that the light was on. I walked over to it and knocked on the door. “Rosemund, are you in there?” There was no response. I knocked again. “Rosamund, if you’re in there open up.” I put my head to the door and didn’t hear anything. I tried the door knob and it was locked.



I took a couple steps back and ran my shoulder into the door forcing it open. When the door opened I saw Rosamund laying on the floor with a small puddle of blood  coming out from her legs.

“NO! NO! NO! CALL 911! SOMEONE CALL 911!”

I rushed over to her and cradled her head. “Rosamund, can you hear me? Please Rosamund! Oh God! SOMEONE CALL 911!” I heard someone running up the stairs and Carson was standing in the doorway. “Oh my God, Jeff! What happened?”




“I don’t know. I came in to the bedroom and she wasn’t on the bed. I noticed the bathroom door was closed and locked so I forced it open. She was lying here on the floor. Is someone calling 911?”

“Yes, Bridge is.”

It felt like it took the paramedics forever to get there. The whole time I sat there holding Rosamund begging her to answer me. She looked so pale. I was relieved by the fact that she was breathing but the sight of the blood and her losing consciousness had me worried for her and the baby.

The paramedics arrived and started checking her vitals. Her heart rate was good but they too were concerned with the fact that she was pregnant and the amount of blood she had lost.  They laid her on a stretcher and walked downstairs. As we were walking out the door, I handed Bridge Rosamund’s phone. “Here’s her phone. Call her parents and then call Mom and Dad. I’m going to the hospital with her.”




“Of course. We’ll be there soon.” Bridge said.

I followed the paramedics and the stretcher to the ambulance and soon we were on our way to hospital. The paramedics asked me several questions about Rosamund’s health and her pregnancy. We arrived at the hospital and they wheeled her through a set of double doors. I started to follow but someone stopped me. “Sir, you have to wait in the waiting area.”

“But she’s my wife!” I protested.

“I know sir but you can’t go back there. Someone will be out shortly to let you know how she is.”

I tried to calm myself down and walked back to the waiting area near the entrance. Bridge and Carson were walking in as I got to the waiting area. “How is she? Do they know anything yet?” Bridge asked.

“No, they wouldn’t let me go back with her. Did you call her parents and Mom and Dad?”

“Yeah, they’re all on their way, of course.”

I let out a sigh and sat down with my head in my hands. Bridge sat next to me and put her hand on my back.

“What if it’s the baby? What if something has happened to her and the baby.”

“Shhh. Jeff, it’s going to be all right.” Bridge tried to reassure me.

“But what if it isn’t?! What if I lose them both?!” I turned and looked at her with tears pouring down my face.

“Don’t think that way, Jeff. Don’t think they’re going to give you bad news.”

“When did you get so optimistic?”

“When my little brother needed me to be.” I looked at her and got a lump in my throat. She patted my leg. Just then a doctor came out of the double doors.

“Mr. Hobble?”

“Yes?”

“I’m Doctor Lewis.”

“How’s my wife?” I asked nervously.

“She’s starting to come around now. When they brought her back they mentioned that you had said that she was pregnant?” I nodded. He looked at me and I knew before it even came out of his mouth what he was going to say. “I examined your wife and there was no evidence of a baby.”  My stomach fell. I closed my eyes and started to feel lightheaded.


“But my wife, she’s going to be okay?” I asked as I choked back tears.


“She’s very weak and she’s very dehydrated. She will need to rest here at the hospital for a day or two, but yes, she will be fine.”


“When can I see her?”

“We’re taking her up to a room now. You can follow me and I’ll take you to her.” He looked at Bridge and Carson. “Your family can come up a little later. We’re going to limit her visitors for a little while so she can get her rest.”



I followed the doctor down the hallway and then to a set of elevators. He told me to take them to the third floor and then to give the nurse at the desk Rosamund’s name to find out what room she was in.  As I rode the elevator I tried to come to grips with what was happening. I felt so bad. I knew she wasn’t feeling well. Maybe if I had gotten her to the doctor when she first started feeling bad, this wouldn’t have happened.

The elevator doors opened and I ran to the nurses’ desk. “I’m looking for Rosamund Hobble’s room.” The nurse gave me the number and I ran down the hall. I came to the doorway and looked inside. There was nurse checking an IV that had been put into Rosamund’s arm. I walked in and was devastated. She looked so pale and frail. The nurse heard me and turned around.






“Are you Mr. Hobble?” All I could do was nod.

“She’s been in and out of consciousness but she is doing better since she came in. She’s asked for you a couple of times. Whenever she does wake up, try to keep her calm. If you need anything, push the call button.” She pointed to the button and I shook my head.



I saw a chair in the corner of the room and I pulled it next to the bed. I took her hand and started crying. Our baby; our baby is gone; I kept thinking over and over. What was I going to tell her when she woke up? How was she going to react? I kissed her hand and she stirred a little. I stood up and moved a strand of hair off her forehead. She opened her eyes and looked at me confused.



She looked around and then closed her eyes. “So it wasn’t a dream.” She whispered.



“No.” I said quietly. I brushed her cheek with my hand and she weakly reached up and grabbed it. She started to cry.

“I’m so sorry Jefferson. It’s all my fault. It has to be my fault, why else would this happen?” She was starting to get upset and the nurse had said she needed to stay calm.



“Don’t talk that way. You didn’t do anything wrong.”

“Then why?” She pleaded.

“I don’t know why. But I know one thing, as painful as this is, I’m glad that I still have you.”



She smiled sadly at me and fell back asleep. I sat back down in the chair holding her hand. I sat there for what felt like an eternity when I heard a knock on the door.  I stood up and Rosamund’s parents walked in.

“How is she?” Her mother asked.



“Why don’t we go outside so we don’t bother her?” I suggested. We walked out the door and I made sure the door was partially open so we could hear if Rosamund woke up.

I took a deep breath in and sighed. “Rosamund is okay. The doctor and nurse say she’s weak and dehydrated. She needs to rest and she’ll probably be in the hospital for a couple of days.”



“And the baby?” Regina asked.



I looked down and shook my head. Regina reached out and touched my arm. I got control over my emotions and continued. “The nurse said that she needed to stay calm. She’s only woke up once since being in this room.”

“Jefferson? Where are you, Jefferson?” At the sound of Rosamund call out to me we hurried into the room.

“Hey there, look who’s here to see you.” I motioned to her parents and Rosamund started to cry. “Oh Mom! Why did this happen?” As I watched Regina comfort Rosamund, Robert walked up to me.



“Your mom and dad are in the waiting room. Why don’t you go see them? We can keep her company till you get back.” He patted me on the back.

“Thanks.” I walked back to the elevator and rode it down the two levels to go back to the waiting room.

As I walked in Mom and Dad ran up to me. “How is she? What’s happening” Mom started grilling me.



“Amanda, let the boy breathe. Let’s go sit down and then he can tell us.” Dad tried reasoning with Mom.

They motioned for me to sit. “Actually, if it’s okay with you guys, I’ve been sitting in a chair for a while and it feels good to stretch my legs. Do you mind if we stand?”

I looked around at all of them and I was faced with once again having to relive what was happening.

“Rosamund is going to be okay. She’s dehydrated and weak. She’ll probably be here a couple of days.”



“I’m so sorry about the baby.” Mom said.

I lost it. I had kept it together for Rosamund and her parents but I had reached my breaking point. I turned around so they couldn’t see me cry. After a moment I felt Mom come up to me and place her arm around me. Soon dad was doing the same and before long it was a group hug.  I cleared my throat and the hug broke up. Mom handed me a Kleenex.



“Thanks, guys. I needed that.”

“You should get back up to Rosamund. Your dad and I will be here if you need us.”

“Here? In the waiting room.” Mom and Dad nodded.

“You guys don’t have to do that. At least go back to the campus house.” I pleaded. They wouldn’t hear anything of it. I gave up and went back to Rosamund’s room.

I found her parents there still talking to Rosamund. I couldn’t tell if my eyes were playing tricks on me but it seemed that she looked better. Her mom looked up and stood up “We’ll leave you two to talk.” She and Robert patted my arm as they left. I looked over at Rosamund and she smiled weakly at me. I sat down next to her on the bed.

“Are you mad at me?” She asked.



“What?! No! Why would I be mad at you?”

“Because I lost the baby.” She looked away from me.

I turned her face back to look at me. “You did not lose the baby.”

“Yes I did. I’m the one that carried it and I’m the one that lost it.”

“Rosamund. You didn’t do anything to cause this. Please don’t blame yourself.” I begged her.



She started to say something but stopped herself. “What? What were you going to say?” I asked her.

She looked at me and pursed her lips. “Are you. . .” She swallowed hard. “Are you sorry that you married me now?” She asked and then immediately started crying.



I gently held her head and kissed her forehead. “No. Rosamund, I thought I’d lost you both, and as hard as it is knowing that we’ll never meet our baby, I don’t think I could make it through this if I lost you too.  I love you. You’re my sweet and perfect Rose and I will never be sorry that I married you.”



She smiled at me through tears. “What?” I asked.

“You said you love me.”

“Well, yeah. Of course I do.I just don’t say it as often as others.”  She was still smiling.

“What?”

“You called me your Rose.”

“Because you are. Now rest.” She closed her eyes and I started to get up. She grabbed my hand and I turned back around. “I love you too.” She said and then she went back to sleep.




Poses
Spladoum's Pillow Talk
Mypalsims' Sick Bed
Mypalsims' Group Hug
Delight 33's 12 Poses at Table
Studio K2's Casual Male PosesTraelia's Death Pose
Zhippidy's- Bang Door Poses

9 comments:

  1. Hmmm... Rosamund... LOL. I'm still curious what she did to make herself "lose the non-existent baby" hahaha. She's so creepy. *shudders* Poor Jeff, going through all of this. *cries for Jeff* Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...Rosamund isn't going to reveal that just yet. You're just going to have to wonder for a little while about how she did it. :) Is that evil of me? Lol!

      Exactly! Poor Jeff, he has no idea what has really just happened. Unlike Rosamund, he thinks they've really lost a baby. She is beyond creepy and he really has no idea who he's married. If only Jeff had listened to Star...

      Delete
  2. I want to punch her in the face...her and that stupid doctor! It's like I'm watching a soap opera. Ugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually glad that you want to punch her face in! Means that she's coming across as crazy and manipulative as she is. :) It is like a soap opera, but it's Jeff's life. . .(I'm sorry Jeff. . .*hugs Jeff*)

      Delete
    2. Hugs Jeff too. Another group hug!!!

      Delete
  3. How did she fake it?!?!? I HAVE TO KNOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of go into it in a later chapter. But she used her menstrual cycle to help. Poor Jeff. . .

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. This is awful, poor Jeff. He's grieving for a baby that never existed and Rosamund is just horrid for putting him through this. Like everyone else I am wondering how she did this. Jeff has no idea what kind of person she is and I have a feeling this is just the beginning of the heartbreak he's going to suffer because of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There just really are no words to describe how disgusting what Rosamund just did is. Or even how disgusting she is. This jsut goes to show that there really is no limit to what she will do to get what she wants. She doesn't care that Jeff's upset; furthest thing from her mind. She got Jeff, and that's all that matters.

      I just want to hug Jeff and protect him. *sighs* He just really has no idea. :(

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete